Office of Student Diversity is accepting nominations for the Earl B.
Higgins Award 2010. Established to honor a former director of minority
affairs, the award acknowledges persistence and dedication to positive
contributions to diversity enhancement on the campus, either in the
colleges, the university or MUHA. Nominations must be received by Feb.
Nominations for two separate awards
1. The Earl B. Higgins 2010 Achievement in Diversity Award
2. The Earl B. Higgins 2010 Student Leadership in Diversity Award
Nominations should be individuals who have contributed significantly to diversity in three of the following five areas:
- Enriches diversity through student/employee recruitment, retention, enrichment, and/or relations;
- Improves/enhances diversity through excellence in service to patients, families, and visitors;
- Advances one or more
of the several target areas of diversity, including race relations,
gender issues, disabled, aging, and international constituencies;
- Recognizes and takes
initiative to act upon opportunities to affect/influence the
organization/work environment as it pertains to diversity;
- Promotes improvements in the understanding of the benefits of diversity within MUSC and the community.
Nominations must include the nomination form (http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/diversity/images/ebhnominationform.pdf), and two letters of endorsement on 8 ½ X 11 paper for each nomination. Attach letters of endorsement to the nomination form.
Electronic submissions to email@example.com are recommended. However,
packets may also be submitted via fax and mail. Winners will be
announced March 5.
For information, call or e-mail Willette S. Burnham, M.Ed., firstname.lastname@example.org or 792-2146.
Friday, Dec. 18, 2009