The College of Medicine (COM) and UMA are committed to pursuing excellence in patient care, education and research.
As part of this pursuit, several tools were deployed by the COM/UMA
Excellence leadership including communication boards employees have
already seen in their work areas. These boards are designed to
enhance transparency in the organization regarding organizational
goals, accomplishments and department-specific newsworthy
information. Communication boards are located in a visible,
central location for employees to read about current news regarding the
COM/UMA Excellence Initiative.
COM/UMA MUSC Excellence Communications Committee has partnered with
departments to assist in developing the content of the boards, and to
provide guidance on key items to have updated on a monthly
Standard items to include:
- Current fiscal year COM/UMA pillar goals
- Monthly department organizational report card (provided by dean’s office)
- Current fiscal year departmental goals
- Standards of behavior brochure
- Standard of the quarter posters
Optional information for boards:
- Department specific goals and/or data
- Recent departmental news/highlights (wins, recognition, events)
All COM/UMA Excellence organizational information is available on the COM/UMA Excellence Web page at http://www.musc.edu/com1/comumaexcellence.
Department/unit specific information can also be obtained from
department managers and directors. To find out who your communication
board partner is, contact Joe Gough, College of Medicine operations
manager, at 792-2524.
Friday, June 26, 2009