- Zumba at Harborview Office Tower: Join licensed Zumba instructor Felecia Curry for a weekly Wednesday night Zumba class from 5 to 6 p.m., Room 910, Harborview Office Tower. Zumba is a dance-based aerobic exercise class and Curry tailors the workout to accommodate any fitness level. Space is limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 822-6136 for information or to register.
- Flu shot satellite clinic: Employees may get a flu shot from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 14, in the Children's Hospital lobby. For faster service bring a completed influenza consent form, found in My Records.
- Worksite screening: The next worksite screening will be Nov. 15, in Room 628H, Clinical Sciences Building. Visit musc.edu/employeewellness and click on worksite screening appointment to register.
- Fitness series: A free Pilates and yoga class will be held from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., Nov. 21 at the MUSC Wellness Center. Email email@example.com to register. A free day-pass to the Wellness Center will be provided for all participants.
- Farmers markets: Fresh fruits and vegetables are available from local farmers on Wednesday at Ashley River Tower, and Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Horseshoe and the area next to Ashley River Tower.
MUSC Urban Farm
- Work & Learn: A work and learn session will be held from noon to 1 p.m., Nov. 13 at the Urban Farm. The session will include crops and soil testing. Take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm. Bring water and sunscreen, and wear closed toe shoes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. The event is open to everyone.
- Early bird maintenance: Participants interested in assisting in maintaining the garden may help from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., Nov. 13 and 14.
Contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., at email@example.com for information on the Office of Health Promotion at MUSC and Suzan Benenson Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information about Employee Wellness. Events, speakers, classes or any other ideas are welcome. Like our Facebook page and keep up with the wellness events at MUSC.