- MUSC's Pitch the Pack Program: Free smoking cessation program offered to MUSC employees and students. Classes, counseling and a one-month supply of medications are available to eligible participants. Enroll online at: http://ceii.muschealth.com/SCP/SCPRegistration.aspx.
- MUSC Urban Farm: Work & Learn — Learn through working with the soil and seeds in the MUSC Urban Farm on Family workday Sat., June 2, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and Wed. June 6, noon – 1 p.m. Bring a plastic bag and take home some fresh produce. The harvest should include kale, chard, totsoi, radishes and peas. Bring water, sunscreen and wear closed toe shoes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register for this event.
- Discounted state park annual passes: Ranger Jayson Sellers from Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site will be at the Ashley River Tower (ART) lobby from 11 a.m. — 1 p.m. selling park passes to employees at a 20 percent discount off the $75 price.
- Farmers market: Fresh fruits and vegetables are available from local farmers from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Friday in the Horseshoe and in the area next to ART behind Charleston Memorial Hospital.
- Worksite Screening: June 12 in 2W classroom (North Tower). This screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees with the state health plan for only $15 (covered spouses can also participate for $15). Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42. The screening includes: height, weight, blood pressure and a blood draw for a blood chemistry profile, hemogram, and a blood lipid profile. To register, go to www.musc.edu/medcenter/health1st and click "Worksite Screening."
- MUSC Employee Fitness Series:There will be a free sprint intervals class June 20 from 4:15 p.m. — 4:45 p.m. Registration is required and space is limited. Sign up today by sending your name and email to: email@example.com. Please see MUSC Wellness Center Membership Desk for sign-in and directions to the classroom.
- Mammograms: The Hollings Cancer Center will be conducting digital mammograms in its mobile van June 20, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., behind the Clyburn Research Center off President Street. Call 792-0878 to schedule an appointment.
Contact Susan Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to become involved in employee wellness at MUSC. Events, speakers, classes, or any other ideas are welcome.