by Susan Johnson
Office of Health Promotion
- MUSC's Pitch the Pack: Free smoking cessation program offered to MUSC employees and students. Classes, counseling and a one-month supply of medications are available to eligible participants. Receive a success kit with enrollment filled with gifts. Enroll online http://ceii.muschealth.com/SCP/SCPRegistration.aspx.
- Zumba at Harborview Office Tower: Join licensed Zumba instructor Felecia Curry for a weekly Wednesday night Zumba class held from 5 – 6 p.m. in Room 910, Harborview Office Tower. Zumba is a dance-based aerobic exercise class, and Curry tailors the workout to accommodate any fitness level. Email email@example.com or call 822–6136 for more information or to register.
- MUSC Urban Farm Work & Learn: Aug. 25 from 9 – 11 a.m. Bring a plastic bag and take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm. Bring water, sunscreen and wear closed toe shoes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Open to MUSC employees, students, and the public. Early Bird Stewardship from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Aug. 29: Hands-on learning with a focus on maintaining a healthy and productive garden to include planting, weeding, fertilizing and keeping the farm clean.
- Employee Health will be offering tuberculin skin tests to employees from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Children's Hospital lobby.
- Farmers market: Fresh fruits and vegetables are available from local farmers from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. every Friday in the Horseshoe and in the area next to Ashley River Tower.
Contact Johnson, Ph.D., at email@example.com for more information on the Office of Health Promotion at MUSC and Suzan Benenson Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information about Employee Wellness. Events, speakers, classes or any other ideas are welcome.