- Morgan Porter smiles as she is about to receive a kiss from a therapy dog that came to the Children's Hospital at MUSC on December 13, 2011. Morgan has been on the Berlin Heart since August 2011 and received a new heart January 25, 2012.
- Morgan had her own MUSC id badge.
- Morgan is a fighter and was well known around the hospital for staying active while waiting for her new heart.
- MUSC RN, Erica Smith, plays with Morgan Porter while she is on her iPad and hooked up to the Berlin Heart in her hospital room in the Children's Hospital at MUSC on December 13, 2011.
- Katie Faella, MUSC student, and Jeffrey Acsell, MUSC perfusionist, back, check the heart-lung machine while Ronnie Smith, MUSC student, right, watches during Morgan Porter's heart surgery.
Morgan has been waiting for a heart since August of 2011 and has been attached to the Berlin Heart since then. The Berlin Heart is a device the patient is hooked up to and it takes over the heart's work of pumping blood until the patient can receive a new heart.
- Morgan Porter's x-ray hangs in the operating room at MUSC hospital while Dr. Minoo Kavarana performs a heart transplant on her Wednesday January 12, 2012.
- Dr. Minoo Kavarana, middle, and Dr. Sunil Panwar, right, along with Zeh Wellington, RN, left, and Angela Allen, RN, prepare Morgan Porter for her heart transplant surgery at MUSC Hospital.
- Angela Allen, RN, prepares the operating room for the heart transplant for Morgan Porter Wednesday January 25, 2012 at MUSC hospital.
- Dr. Minoo Kavarana begins the heart transplant for Morgan Porter late Tuesday evening January 24, 2012 at MUSC hospital.
- Sarah Porter told her daughter, Morgan Porter, that her new heart was coming in a box from God. On Wednesday January 25, 2012 Morgan's new heart arrived at MUSC packed in ice in a box.
- Dr. Minoo Kavarana holds Morgan Porter's new heart in his hands before he transplants it inside of her Wednesday January 25, 2012.
- Dr. Minoo Kavarana, left, and Dr. Sunil Panwar, right, transplant a new heart into Morgan Porter.
- MUSC doctors and nurses work together to give Morgan Porter a new heart at MUSC hospital.
From left, Angela Allen, RN, Dr. Minoo Kavarana, Dr. Sunil Panwar,
far right, Jeffrey Acsell, MUSC perfusionist and Katie Faella, MUSC student. (both seated)